Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Being in the Present


Well, I was just getting myself into the present moment as a practice, while weeding an annual flower bed at work, just breathing in and centering myself to the task ahead. Ahhh, peace. Then this lovely gift appeared within the greenery. I swear, if I had not been practicing mindfulness and being careful, I would not have seen her there amount the plants. She stayed there all the time I was working on the bed. (Again cautiously). But all ability to focus on my breath had been replaced with Dragonfly quilts in beautiful colour on a white background, some snails, frogs, plants, fish, yeah all of the healthy Eden stuff.

This is for you world. We very are glad to garden organically.

On the nautical quilt....still trying to choose which quilting design to use in the blocks. I am going through the Readers Digest 1000 Quilting Designs and so far have picked out about 25 motifs. I make a vow today that I will have the quilting patterns picked by July 9th, the beginning of my summer holiday. This means I will have time to start quilting. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment