Sunday, June 6, 2010

Coming clean about the process

Sewww, for the last while I have been working on "The Nautical" quilt. This is how I pieced it together the first time. I really had not noticed that the four rows and columns weren't really truly balanced. The rhythm is just off. But it looks nice and lively.

Sewwww now I have flipped the top two rows. I can see how it is more calm and steady. I would not have been aware of the issue if I had not looked at the pictures I took.

All I have left to add to the quilt top is a bit of light blue along the sides and do a row similar to the blue and yellow on the bottom row to the top. Then I have to decide in what manner to quilt the top. I think, since this is my 3rd attempt at quilting and my first full sized quilt, I will do something like echo or stitch in the ditch for the blocks and some chain link type of motif in the sash.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment